Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director
- Peter O’Connell is an experienced corporate executive, entrepreneur and Board director with particular expertise in the telecommunications, technology and energy industries.
- Peter is a co-founder of amaysim and was the Executive Chairman of the Company from incorporation until June 2015. Peter was appointed Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of amaysim in July 2018.
- Peter practised as a lawyer from 1979 to 1994, first as a partner in Minter Ellison and then as a partner in Gilbert & Tobin. Peter was a commercial lawyer acting for large Australian and international corporates with special expertise in the telecommunications and technology sectors and in Asian business law. Peter was actively involved in the formation of Optus and BellSouth New Zealand and served as a director on both boards from inception.
- From 1994 to 1996 Peter was Asia Pacific Counsel for BellSouth and founded a boutique advisory business in telecommunications and technology. Since then, Peter has held senior executive and CEO roles for large Australian and international organisations. From 2008, Peter focussed on his own investments in largely technology-driven companies.
- Peter has served on a number of boards for private and public companies (including: Ticketek, Sigtech, Perisher Blue, GMD, Stadium Australia) and government boards (including: Film Australia, Trustee of the Australian Museum, NSW Major Events Board and NSW Rail Access Corporation).